After a tough (can you tell from this picture ;) but exciting summer it’s time to get back to reality. For me this includes a long list of to-do, to buy, to eat (or rather to not eat) and well, the list goes on. Here’s a sampling:
- work more - I have pretty much cruised through the summer and as a self employed person that equals no money!!
- work out – for me and my ailing body I will have to settle for walking, cycling and gentle yoga
- go back to school – yup I‘ve been busy trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up but I think I’ve figured it out! (more on that later but I am going for it!!) • get back to writing - A “list” entry is a bit of a cop-out but makes for an easy transition back into the world of blogging.
Now, this may seem frivolous but I realized I’m wearing clothes I bought 8 years ago when I started my current job. Huh??? Time for new stuff!
- Tan or dark brown leather boots (yummy!)
- New leather purse (but how to choose just one?)
- New jeans – jeans and a blazer are my part of my signature look so I always need new jeans • New pattern blazer (as above, signature looks require multiple versions of the key pieces)
- A trench or rain coat – with a friggin hood! Can I tell you how difficult it is to find a rain coat with a hood (that’s not a plastic jacket from MEC). I hate umbrellas, so I want my rain jacket to have a hood to keep the rain off my hair, and more specifically off my flat-ironed bangs. If my pants get wet they’ll dry. If my bangs get wet they’ll dry poofy and ruin my day. Trust me, bangs are more work than you think.
Among a million other things…now you can see why I need to work more (see item #1 to-do above).
This boils down to:
- Eat better. For me I have discovered a gluten-and-dairy light diet keeps me from feeling bloated.
- Drink more water. Not rocket science but still something to keep in check.
This is more than a simple list. I’m starting a new chapter in my life and this list is acting as the preface and is setting the tone for the next couple of years. Thanks for tuning back in!